Cead Mile Failte, and Welcome to the Official Website of Mac Cabhann Ui Bhriain
Clare Cup
Senior Hurling
Sheedy Cup
Junior B
2004 Reports
County Players
Player Profiles
GAA Humour
Junior B Team News & Results


Junior B league.
Venue: Scariff, 15th April 2007. 5:30pm
HT: Smith O'Briens 0-6, Scariff 1-02
FT: Smith O'Briens 2-15, Scariff 1-4

This game was played on a beautiful pitch in dull, but warm conditions in Scariff on Sunday evening. Smith O'Briens started really brightly playing into the wind, with Brian Lenihan driving them forward from the centre of the field. It wasn't until the 9th minute when Smith O'Briens registered the first score of the game, when Conor Hayes picked up a loose ball on the 21, and sent it over the bar. A period of Smith O'Brien pressure followed but there were many wides which should possibly have been converted. Stepen McCarthy finally added a point which the pressure deserved. Scariff then scored their opening point from a free soon after. The scores stayed like this for a while until a flurry of scores had the Killaloe men leading 0-6 to 0-1. Scariff then scored a goal followed by a point, and at half time the score was, Smith O'Briens 0-6, Scariff 1-2. This wasn't a true reflection of the Killaloe mens dominance.

The second half started in much the same fashion as the first, with Brian Lenihan scoring an early point to settle the younger lads. This was followed with points from Stephen McCarthy, Robert McNamara and Anthony Sullivan to leave Smith O'Briens leading by 0-10 to 1-2. Scariff replied with a point of their own to close the gap to 4 points. They also has an excellent effort spectacularly saved by Mikey Reddan soon after. Joe Furlong, Kevin McCarthy and Aidan McKeogh were dominating the half back line, mopping up any Scariff threat. In the 14th minute of the 2nd half, the game was effectively ended as a contest when Anthony Sullivan burst onto an excellent layoff from Fergal Kenny and crashed it to the corner of the net. Fergal Kenny then got a point of his own, and it was then time to bring on a few substitutes.
Eoin Ryan replaced Conor Hayes, and Ruairi Cahill replaced Mike Crotty. This added some urgency to the Smith O'Briena attack, and Scariff were beginning to look ragged. Joe Furlong then scored a captains point, charging out of defence with the ball, and calmly slotting it between the posts. Stephen McCarthy then scored a goal, before substitutes, Eoin Ryan and Ruairi Cahill added a point each, to end the game on a final scoreline of, Smith O'Briens 2-15, Scariff 1-04. All in all, Smith O'Briens didn't hurl all that well, but at least they got the win. Every player played well but best for Smith O'Briens were: Mikey Reddan, Mike Flynn, Kevin McCarthy, Brian Lenihan, Joe Furlong, Stephen McCarthy and Robert McNamara.

Team: Mikey Reddan, Brian Scanlan, Mike Flynn, Edward Moloney, Joe Furlong (0-1), Kevin McCarthy, Aidan McKeogh, Brian Lenihan (0-2), Conor Hynes (0-1), Anthony Sullivan (1-1), Fergal Kenny (0-1), Mike Crotty, Conor Hayes (0-1), Robert McNamara (0-4), Stephen McCarthy (1-2).
Subs: Eoin Ryan (0-1) for Conor Hayes, Ruairi Cahill (0-1) for Mike Crotty, Keith Stritch for Fergal Kenny, Derek Conway for Robert McNamara, Joe Fitzgerald for Stephen McCarthy, David Garvey, Craig Moloney.






Junior C Hurlers fall at last hurdle

4 Nov 2006 Scariff @ 2pm. Killanena 3 - 6 Smith O'Brien's 3 -5


The Junior hurlers failed by the narrowest of margins to complete the two in a row of Junior C titles in Scarriff. Played in front of a good crowd, on a sunny autumn day conditions were difficult for keeper with a low and blinding sun.


This led to some "soft" goals for both sides. Robert McNamara starred for Smith O Briens  contributing 3-3 of the 3-5 total with Anthony O'Sullivan adding the other 2 points. The game reached a fever pitch with the scored dead locked at 3-5 a piece for the last ten minutes of play before a Killenana player was brought down inside the penalty area. The resulting free was tapped over the bar and with time up it sealed a heart breaking defeat for the Smith O Briens players.



 Out to Tones after second battle

30 Oct 2006 REPLAY Meelick @ 2.30pm. Wolfe Tones   3 - 5  Smith O'Brien's 1 -6


The Junior B footballers went down at the second time of asking to a strong wolfe tones football team just days after losing the Senior B hurling final. However unlike the hurling game, the footballers dominated the game more or less from start to finish but simply failed to convert this into dominance on the score board. Star keeper Eugene Cusack was unable to attend due to work committments and this proved to be a big lose.


With a gale wind blowing away from the club house end and directly down the pitch, Smith O Briens kept possesion well and had good territory. However two rapid fire goals from the Tones put them in 7 points ahead. However with the wind at our backs in the second half this lead seemed very catchable.


However it wasnt to be, with many close calls Wolfe Tones managed to hang on. Smith O'Briens pulled the gap back to just two points before the Tones again landed a sucker punch goal with very little time remaining.


 Junior B Footballers put Tones to pin of collar in draw.

15 Oct 2006 Smith O'Brien's 1 - 9  Wolfe Tones 2 -6


The Junior B footballers stepped up the level of performance considerably on Sunday against hotly fancied Wolfe Tones to earn a hard fought draw in Meelick in the county semi final. Playing fast and open football they raced into a 1-8 to 0-3 half time lead. The goal came after a well worked move involving several of the forward unit with Stephen McCarthy finishing the ball to the net. Facing into a stiff breeze in the second half Smith O’Brien’s struggled to keep up the relentless pace of the first half. Scores were hard to come by and Shannon fought gamely to take control of the game in the second half.


Two goals during this period looked to have swung the game in Wolfe Tones favor but Smith O’Brien’s fought to the bitter end, and up popped Kevin McCarthy to land the equalizing score (our first of the second half ) with time almost up. The final whistle sounded shortly afterwards and it was a fair result after both teams had enjoyed periods of almost total domination. Eugene Cusack was outstanding in goals making two top drawer stops, John Cusack provided some inspiring runs forward and the whole team played far above themselves to date.


Team: Eugene Cusack, Brian Scanlan, John Culhane, Martin Haugh,Sean Conway, John Cusack, Michael Culhane, Ricky Moate,Brian McKeogh, Anthony Sullivan,Kevin McCarthy,Patrick Aherne, Stephen McCarthy,Brian Lenihan.Subs used: Conor Hayes, Patrick Kennedy, Craig Vaughan. 


 Junior B Footballers Progress to Semi

Trailing by three points at half time the Junior B footballers fought back to beat Ennistymon in Shannon on October the 1st. Many heads were sore after the previous days defeat to Newmarket. Playing into the wind in the first half Smith O'Briens failed to make much of an impression on the score baord. Stephen McCarthy earned a penalty in the opening period but Kevin McCarthy blazed wide off the sandy penalty spot claiming later "Tiger woods wouldnt have got outta that bunker!!" Brian Lenihan proved a super sub early in the second half to knock over three great points to draw the sides level. Our fitness was telling at this stage and Anthony O Sullivan banged home a great goal. The backs were on top with John Cusack, and the Full back line very impressive. John Culhane dominated midfield with Kevin Mc lethal with the frees.Ennistymon pulled back a late goal but time was almost up and we hung on for another well earned win! Smith O'Briens 1-10 Ennistymon 0-10 

Team: Eugene Cusack, Brian Scanlan, Seamus Gleeson, Martin Haugh,Shane O'Brien, John Cusack, Willie Neary,  John Culhane, Anthony Sullivan, Michael Culhane,Patrick Aherne , Brian McKeogh, Stephen McCarthy, Kevin McCarthy &Patrick Kennedy.Subs used: Conor Hayes, Brian Lenihan, Michael Crotty.


Junior C Hurlers Crush Banner 4-16 to 0-2.

The Junior B hurlers had an easy win over the Banner in Bodkye last Saturday (sept 15th) to reach the knock out stages of the Shield (Junior C competition). Led by team captain Joseph Furlong they set out their stall early to retain the title they won last year. In truth this game was well over as a contest before the half time break as the lethal Robert “chippie” McNamara caused havoc in the Banner backline with two first half goals. Anthony Sullivan combined well with Pat “Whack” Murtagh on several combinations that produced some great scores. Stephen McCarthy was motoring well and dominating the middle while Mike Flynn was very effective at stopping ball from going into Smith O’Brien’s full back line. In a dull evening in the evicted field the half time score read:   2-10 to 0-2 in Smith O’Brien’s favor.


The second half was a tame affair with the result already well decided. The team made several switches with past star senior goalie Johnny Healy being particularly impressive in pulling the strings in the forward division. All the subs were used and played well when introduced. Best on the day were: Chippie (4-5), Stephen McCarthy, Mike Flynn and Johnny Healy. Final score Smith O’Brien’s 4-16 The Banner 0-4.


Team: Mike Howard, Eoin Ryan, Brian Scanlan, Joe Furlong, Brian McInerney, Mike Flynn, Aidan Mckeogh, Rory Cahill & Stephen McCarthy, Mike Crotty, Pat Murtagh, Anthony Sullivan, Conor Hayes, Robert McNamara & Niall Twomey.

Subs: Ger Pierce, Conor Hynes, Keith Stritch, Mark McInerney, Johnny Healy, Damien McCarthy, Derek Conway, Joe Fitzgerald. Managers: Tom Gleeson, Paul McCarthy & John Collins.


Junior B Footballers Progress past Banner 2-11 to 2-7.

On Sunday 10th September the J.B. footballers took on the men from the Ennis club Banner in Bodkye. Lining out for the first time this year the team enjoyed the ocassion as did the "entertained" crowd. Shooting for points wasnt our strongest trait in the first half but a well worked goal saw Brian McKeogh narrow the gap to 1-4 to 2-2 after the Banner had goaled twice in ten  minutes after the defensive struggled to deal with high balls. The second half was a tight encounter but Smith O'Briens fitness, hunger and training paid off. Anthony Sullivan made a big impact in the second half when introduced scoring a goal and two points. Seamus Gleeson steadied the ship when moved to full back with the experienced John Cusack influential at centre back. Eugene made a great penalty save to deny the Banner with less than ten minutes left on the clock.Willie Neary impressed at wing back while Kevin McCarhty kicked some vital frees and Brian McKeoghs mazy run caused havoc for the Banner rear guard.  Great credit must go to our management team of Kevin & Paul McCarthy and Eddie Rosney for their trogan work over the recent months. The team now eagerly awaits the next match which is belived to be a county quarter final.(Special word for referee Henry who did well throughout and kept up with the play superbly)

Team. Eugene Cusack, Brian Scanlan, Martin Haugh, Patrick Aherne, Stephen McCarthy, John Cusack, Willie Neary, Jason Brogan, John Culhane, Michael Culhane, Kevin McCarthy, Brian McKeogh, Seanie Conway, Seamus Gleeson, Patrick Kennedy.

Junior B Hurlers Land Shield

 On Halloween afternoon, the club went in search of County honors, exactly a year on from last years intermediate championship win, in Clareabbey in the Junior B Hurling Shield. The West Clare men form Clonboney proved worthy opposition with the minimum between the sides after an intense sixty minutes of action. Young Pat Vaughan sealed a great win for the club, a sensational score with time running out and the sides deadlocked proved to be the difference.



The pitch was mucky and sticky as winter finally began to close in, but this didn’t stop the players on both sides giving full commitment. Smith O’Brien’s dictated matters from the outset and had almost total control at this stage, but were struggling to convert the dominance into scores. Robert “Chippy” McNamara and Stephen McCarthy both scored some good frees with Patrick “Whack” Murtagh hovering up all the ball at centre forward. Dwayne Sheedy chipped in with a fine solo effort, beating and turning his man before finishing off his left after a solo run.


Despite being on top for most of this half, Clonboney struck back with two well taken goals to leave the result of the match in doubt as half time approached. Half time score Smith O’Brien’s 0-6 Clonboney 2-1.


 The game was a very tight affair in the second half with scores very hard to come by. Michael Howard was commanding in goals while, Joe Furlong, Michael Flynn and Conor Hayes tried hard. Discipline was crucial at this late stage and Robert McNamara struck another free over the Clonboney crossbar to tie the game. It looked like they were going to hold on for a famous win but Smith O’Brien’s equalized. It was then that impact sub Pa Vaughan grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. Gathering possession 55 yards out & near the sideline he set off on a solo run, he feigned a shot to dummy his man, with the ball on his stick and unable to catch it again he shot off his hurley on his right hand side and the sweet connection sent the sloitar soaring over the crossbar to seal the victory.


There was still a few anxious moments however, and Eoin “Lar” Ryan gave us a glimpse of what he’s made of with some good hard pulling. The resultant throw in and delays wasted plenty of time, soon after the final whistle was blown and County Chairman presented the Shield Plague to Joseph Furlong, was there ever a more deserving captain?


Final Score: Smith O’Brien’s 0-10 Clonboney 2-3


Smith O’Brien’s: Michael Howard, Brian Scanlan, Tom McLeish, Joe Furlong (Capt)

Michael Crotty, Michael Flynn, Rory Cahill, Ricky Moat, Conor Hayes, Stephen McCarthy, Patrick Murtagh, Clive McLeish, Shane McCarthy, Robert McNamara Dwayne Sheedy.


Subs used. Johnny Howard for Shane McCarthy, Pat Vaughan for Clive McLeish, Edward Moloney for Brian Scanlan and Eoin Ryan for Dwayne Sheedy.

Back L-R Johnny Howard, Robert  McNamara, Mike Howard,Mike Flynn,Brian Scanlan, Rory Cahill,Edward Moloney,Coner Hayes, Tom Mcleish & Tom Gleeson.Front L-R Dwayne Sheedy, Mike Crotty,Ricky Motte, Stephen McCarthy,Clive McLeish & Shane McCarthy.

East Clare Championship Smith O' Brien's 2-7 Feakle 1-11

Played in Feakle on the 6th of August the Junior B team took on the locals in the East Clare championship. Having already lost to Cratloe in the championship losing would bring the teams interest in this season to a close. Short a few regulars they were forced to line out with the experienced duo of Pat & John Sheedy at corner forward and corner back respectively. Dominating the first half Smith O' Brien's led at half time 1-7 to 0-4. Stephen McCarthy and Dwayne Sheedy being prominent, while Michael Crotty scored the halfs only goal. Feakle were a different team in the second half with Tommy Guilfoyle taking up the centre forward berth.

Feakle over took Smith O' Brien's and with time running out our fate looked sealed, however a late goal from Dwaye Sheedy set up a grand stand finish. However Feakle were awarded a late free by their referee only thirty yards out, which was duly converted to give them the narrowest of victories. Great credit is due to all the players and the management team for the
effort they have put in throughout the year.

Smith O' Brien's: Joe Furlong, Brian Scanlan, Conor Hayes, John Sheedy, Gavin Power, Mike Flynn, Edward Moloney, Stephen McCarthy (0-1), Johnny Howard, Pa Vaughan, Robert McNamara (0-2), Dwayne Sheedy (1-2), Mike Crotty (1-0) Pa Sheedy, Mike Reddan (0-2)

Brian Scanlan clears
Mike Reddan & mike crotty attempt to block
Chippy and Pat Sheedy
Pat Sheedy burts out in front of his man
Feakle sideline
Chippy bursts towards goals as Pa Vaughan Supports
Peeeek a Boo!!!!
Are they getting younger?

The Junior B hurling team travelled with high expectations to Meelick for this 1st round championship against Cratloe, after a bright league campaign. Played in bright conditions & on a perfect surface the game was a lively free flowing affair.

Cratloe took the early initiative with the centre back pointing from play after just 6 seconds. The first half was all Cratloe, playing with the aid of a noticeable wind at their backs. Smith ' O' Brien's trailed at the break by five points but Cratloe had left them stay in contention with several wasteful wides in the opening thirty minutes.To their credit the team battled gamely back and reduced the margin with a well taken goal from team captain Robert McNamara. It was however a case of too little too late and a strong cratloe team emerged as winners.


The full junior panel 2005
Toss of the coin
The Cratloe free taker scores
Brothers in arms
Rory Cahill contests a puck out as Stephen McCarthy watches proceedings
Referee throws in the sliothar
Dwayne Sheedy chases down his man
Pat Vaughan played well when introduced
dwayne Sheedy strikes another point from a free
Chippy watches play
Action from the game

At the 2005 AGM held earlier in the year it was decided to enter a junior B team in the clare league & championahip. This decision has been fully justified with the teams record of six wins and one draw speaking for itself. The team is managed by player/manager Conor Hayes and Tom Gleeson of Bridgetown.

All the Scores and Statistics from the Junior B group

League Table
Team P W D L Goals Points Goals Points Points
Clooney\Q 7 7 0 0 11 101 4 36 14
Kilmaley 9 7 0 2 17 101 14 61 14
SOB 7 6 1 0 15 87 9 59 13
Banner 9 5 0 4 16 73 12 85 10
Crusheen 8 2 3 3 13 44 11 60 7
Parteen 6 2 0 4 12 57 8 73 4
Bodkye 5 2 0 3 3 23 7 29 4
Clonboney 6 1 1 4 9 38 11 65 3
Scariff 7 0 1 6 9 54 23 81 1

Match Reports

Smith O'Brien's Junior B Panel Michael Howard ,Brian Scanlan, Thomas McLeish ,Joe Furlong (Captain) ,Rory Cahill ,Edward Moloney, Michael Crotty, Patrick Kennedy, Stephan McCarthy
Niall Toomey, Conor Hayes, Shane McCarthy, Clive McLeish, Joe Fitzgerald , Robert McNamara, Shane Byrnes, Richard Burns, Johnny Howard, Ricky MoateMartin Howard, Eoin Ryan, Gavin Power, Aidan McKeogh, Pat Vaughan & Adrian Dooig.

                                            24th April 2005 Ballyline 1pm
                                      Smith O’Brien’s 0-16 Clonboney 1-8

Smith O’Brien’s got their Junior B campaign underway in great fashion with a well deserved win against the home side. Having conceded their first round tie to Clooney the previous week, they were eager to put down a marker for the rest of the league. Smith O’Brien’s dominated the play of the game from start to finish, with the McCarthy brothers Shane and Stephan doing most of the scoring damage up front. They went in 4 points clear at half time.
In the second half, Smith O’Brien’s further extended their lead with scores from Robert McNamara and Niall Toomey. The defence was solid throughout with Rory Cahill and Edward Moloney giving great performances. Clonboney to their credit scored a goal late in the second half to narrow the margin at the finish to 5 points.

                                               8th May 2005 Scariff 1pm
                                         Smith O’Brien’s 5-19 Scariff 1-5

From the throw in, Smith O’Brien’s took the game to Scariff. Johnny Howard was in fantastic form, scoring at will from wing back. It was a game where the mid-field pairing of Stephan McCarthy and Patrick Kennedy controlled most of the play. Joe Fitzgerald scored a goal just before half time to put Smith O’Brien’s in a 10 point lead at half time.
After the restart, Robert McNamara and Martin Howard were introduced into the full forward attack with great reward. Robert McNamara scored 3-2 and Martin Howard took his goal in fine fashion. Pat Vaughan was brought in late in the game and he too signed his name to the score sheet with a fine point from play.

                                             22nd May 2005 Killaloe 2pm
                                       Smith O’Brien’s 3-19 Kilnamona 1-11

Kilnamona travelled to Killaloe looking for a win to keep their league hopes alive. Smith O'Brien's got off to a slow start, but with the help of Clive McLeish and Shane McCarthy they soon got going. Edward Moloney had an excellent game at centre back and Joe Fitzgerald ran in a first half goal. In the second half, Joe Furlong played a captains role from cornerback, giving Clive McLeish a cross field pass to set him up for his second point of the day. Near the end of the game, Smith O’Brien’s extended their lead with Robert McNamara bringing his score count to 2-5 for the day.

                                     28th May 2005 Crusheen 7:30pm
                                        Smith O’Brien’s 2-5 Crusheen 1-8

Smith O’Brien’s travelled to Crusheen hoping to make it 4 wins in a row and push for a place at the top of the table. It wasn’t to be though as Crusheen started the better taking the 1st scoring opportunity within minutes of the throw in. It was a hard first half with both teams going score for score. Anthony O'Sullivan was dominating in his wingback role, displaying fine passages throughout the game. At the break, Smith O’Brien’s and Crusheen were level at 0-3 to 0-3.
Crusheen again started much brighter at the throw in and looked to be taking control of the game. Ricky Moate took control and scored 2 excellent goals to bring the game back to the visiting team. Crusheen made Michael Howard test his ability, forcing him into 2 spectacular saves to force a well earned draw.

                                             6th June 2005 Killaloe 7:30pm
                                         Smith O’Brien’s 3-14 Kilmaley 2-9

Kilmaley travelled to Killaloe defending their unbeaten record in the league campaign. Smith O’Brien’s dominated in the early stages in the game, Pat Kennedy showing great leader from mid-field. Clive again proved his scoring ability, scoring 6 points, being greatly aided by hard work from Stephen McCarthy. In the second half, things almost went sour for Smith O’Brien’s as defensive errors allowed Kilmaley to score 2 goals to bring them back into contention. Joe Furlong had to go off 10mins from the end after picking up a knee injury. Conor Hayes displayed huge heart and determination to help keep the game from slipping to Kilmaley. Ricky Moate was again on the score sheet with 1-2,and Robert McNamara scoring 2-3.

                                           11th June 2005 The Banner 7:30pm
                                          Smith O’Brien’s 1-10 The Banner 0-9

The Banner proved to be a handful from the Smith O’Brien’s side on the day. Even though The Banner's form in the league was lack-luster, they didn’t let Smith O’Brien’s dictate the game. Shane Byrnes gave an exhibition of hurling from centre back, easily the best man on the field. Patrick Kennedy scored a fantastic point from the sideline mid-way through the first half. The teams went in at half time 0-5 to 0-2 in favor of The Banner men. After the restart, the Smith O'Brien's defence had to weather a storm of The Banner's attack. Both wingbacks in Michael Crotty and Gavin Power proved to be key men in keeping Smith O'Brien's in touch. It was from a free that Michael Crotty won that Robert McNamara scored the only goal of the game from the middle of the field. Adrian Dooig came on as a sub to score a well taken point.

                                              18th June 2005 Killaloe 7:30pm
                                           Smith O’Brien’s 1-16 Parteen 2-10

This game was played at an extremely high pace. Parteen fielded a very strong and experienced team for the tie. Thomas McLeish was in fine form at corner back, keeping the Parteen full forward line under tight guard. Parteen did however manage to slip 2 goals into the Smith O'Brien's net in the first half, showing that they weren’t going to lie down. Smith O'Brien's kept in touch with some well worked moves from centre back Shane Byrnes and the hardworking Patrick Kennedy. After the break, Smith O'Brien's defence and midfield were put under huge pressure, but managed to level the game. The highlight of the game came 5 minutes from the end, when a high ball has delivered into Ricky Moate on the edge of the 14 yard box. Ricky doubled on the ball in mid air, rocketing the sliothar past the stunned Parteen goalie. This was the vital score which sealed the home victory.

                                            3rd July 2005 Killaloe 2pm (Friendly)
                                                  Smith O’Brien’s 1-14 Portrue 2-9

Having narrowly missing out on a place in the Junior B League Final, preparations were in place to keep this fantastic run of results going towards the championship. Portrue meant business and took the game to Smith O’Brien’s going 5 points clear during the opening minutes. Portrue took their chances very well from play and from placed balls. Dwayne Sheedy kept the homeside in touch with 4 points on the day. They broke at halftime 0-4 to 1-8 in favour of Portrue. In the second half, Michael Flynn and Brian Scanlan displayed fine skill, making many vital challenges to the visitors at bay. Smith O’Brien’s have gained a habit of scoring vital goals at crucial stages of the game and it happened once more today. Richard Burns was on hand to solo from the 45 yard line to the edge of the square to drive home a well earned goal. Stephen McCarthy sealed the win from a long range shot right at the end of fulltime.

5th July 2005 Killaloe 7:30pm (Friendly)
Smith O’Brien’s 6-17 Newmarket 4-5

Smith O’Brien’s recorded one of there biggest wins of the season against a physical Newmarket side. Newmarket were first to score within the opening 3 minutes, only to be answered by a goal shortly afterwards by Robert McNamara. Smith O’Brien’s dominated over the entire field, with the defence keeping a very firm grip on the Newmarket forward line. Michael Flynn shone at fullback, repeatedly breaking down numerous attacks. Clive McLeish and Ricky Moate enjoyed excellent passages of play, sending Smith O’Brien’s into a comfortable lead at halftime of Smith O’Brien’s 2-7 to New market’s 1-1.

In the second half, the goal scoring flood gates burst open for both teams. Michael Crotty delivered a huge clearance from wingback into the square, where Robert McNamara was on hand to smash a goal from the goalkeepers failed save. Newmarket weren't going to be left behind though. They cleverly opened up the Smith O'Brien's defence to put in 3 goals in quick succession. Conor Hayes answered those goals with a fantastic goal from a 65.A goal from Martin Howard and one more from Robert McNamara put the game beyond Newmarket.

©Smith O'Briens